||1748 Balthasar Mosser – gingerbread production; the ancient apprenticeship certificate is displayed at the Hotel
Founder of the hotel
with his sons
Sales promotion 1940
The Hotel 1945 - destroyed
The hotel in former times
Hotel Mosser´s Terrace
||the first guests came to the gingerbread production, inn and blacksmith shop named “Äußere Vorstadt”
||take over of the inn and blacksmith shop by Johann Josefus Mosser.
||take over of the inn by the son, Johann, more rooms are built.
||take over by Valentin Christian – former name “Goldener Adler” (Golden Eagle)
Additional guestrooms are built, stables for stagecoaches, gingerbread production, wax manufacturer. The postillions of Bleilberg and Arriach stop over and accommodate their horses in the hotel backyard.
His wife Pauline, nee Taferner, donates the City of Villach the quarter between Hans Gasserplatz and Westbahnhof.
||takeover by the brothers Johann Ferdinand (Hans) and Valentin.
||extension to the guesthouse “Goldener Adler” by the brothers Johann Ferdinand (Hans) and Valentin.
||extension of the Hotel and expansion of the house to Kaigasse. Construction of the terrace overlooking the river Drau. (Drauterresse)
|Construction of the dependance – new name “Hotel Mosser” – big expectations regarding the opening of the Tauernautobahn. (the Park Hotel was built at the same time)
The expectations were not accomplished, the transit with direct trains began.
||take over by Herbert and his cousin Gerald.
||Gerald dies in the war, Herbert comes back hurt from the front line and comes across a destroyed hotel which looks like a ruin. The hotel, dependance and the adjoining buildings are totally destroyed by bombs, it is not possible to use one of 150 rooms.
||reconstruction of the hotel and renovation of the dependance with E.R.P. credit.
||take over by Herbert jun., he becomes manager of the Café, the restaurant and terrace.
||take over by Hans, he becomes manager of the Café, the restaurant and the terrace.
||division of the property: the daughters of Gerald, Ingrid and Ulrike obtain the dependance with the surrounding grounds. Herbert keeps the hotel in Bahnhofstreet.
||take over of the hotel area with the adjoining buildings by the brothers Hans and Valentin. 30 years after the reconstruction of the buildings it is time again to renovate.
Hans und Valentin renovate the buildings, the hotel rooms are improved, comfort rooms with bathrooms are built.
||assigns the hotel to his brother Valentin, who hands the management over to his daughter Tina. With the age of 23 years, she takes over the hotel in 8th generation (without interruption). After graduating at Hotelmanagementschool Villach, Tina makes her work experiences in different areas (service, reception, kitchen, skiing instructor) at home and abroad. Her last position was in Gastein at the Health- and Tourism management.
||construction of the elevator and renovation of the existing rooms
||extension of the attic floor (3rd floor) 14 double rooms superior and 1 suite are built
||extension of the winter garden
Since the opening of the inn 250 years ago the companies have been managed by the Mosser family without interruption for 8 generations.